Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good morning from Seoul!
We had an orientation last Thursday, and our peace buddies walked us around the campus and it was POURING rain! Not to mention, our campus is on a hill, so all the water was gushing down the roads.  It was a great way to meet a lot of international students, along with local Korean students!

My first week of classes are finally complete, and i was fortunate enough to get into all of te classes that I tried for! There has been a few problems with the other international students in regards to registration.  I am taking financial management, strategic management, managerial accounting, and macroeconomics.  All these classes seem tough, but I should be able to keep up! Some of the professors are really enthusiastic about teaching us, which makes the class fun!

As for sightseeing, I took a tour of the Gyeongbokgung palace on Sunday, and saw beautiful structures, and learned about the King's daily tasks and events that were held in the palace.  I also went to Insadong, where there was a large flea market and was full of tourists! It was a lot of fun to see the local gifts and treasures that vendors have offered.

This weekend, I am going to try find another temple or palace, see the World Cup Stadium, and possibly the Olympic Stadium, although it is a little far away.  Hopefully I won't get too lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment