Saturday, September 15, 2012

Aloha!
Another week has past, and there is going to be another typhoon on the way! It has just hit Okinawa and is now heading for Korea! Uhoh,.
I have done lots of exploring on these past two weekends! Last Saturday, I went to Lotte World with Jarenn Nagaishi-Choi (a FISH scholar) and Erin Fukumoto (another Freeman scholar!).  Lotte World was a part indoor and part outdoor amusement park.  It was fairly decent sized, with lots of rides and attractions.  At 7 p.m., there was a parade with fireworks going off in the indoor section of the park! Amazing!

Last Sunday, a few people from my dorm and I made our way up to the Seoul Tower.  it as approximately 800 stairs going up!  What a hike! It all paid off in the end, when we were able to see out from the top of the tower and the "Locks of Love."  The "Locks of Love" is where couples write messages to each other, and lock it up on the fence at the bottom of Seoul Tower.
After making it to the top, we decided to visit the National War Memorial and the National Museum of Korea.  The National War Museum was where they honored the fallen and talked about all the wars throughout Korea's history.  It was a great site to see, and a great place to learn about the history of Korea.
At the National Museum of Korea, we looked at artifacts and Buddhist statues.  The museum was very big and well kept.

This past Friday, I visited the Hangok Village, an old village that was kept in tact to depict how traditional Koreans used to live. I went to a traditional medicine doctor, where they took my pulse and gave me some medicine.  It was quite the experience!

Yesterday, my friend and I went hiking on the mountain that is located right behind our school.  At the top was a wonderful lookout area, where you could see most of Seoul.  Then we went to a baseball game! The energy was very high and fans were chanting a cheering! Those are the best kind of games to go to!

Today, I will be going on another hike, and I will hopefully be back home fast enough to beat the storm!!

I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment